Monday, November 22, 2010

Shor Reading and 19.3, Due on November 22

I enjoyed the reading on the web about Shor's Algorithm. It was written in a very lighthearted manner tailored to the layman. His analogies were very good and he brought up some great points. It's interesting to me to think about modulo exponentiation and factoring large values of n.
The part about the reading that confused me was the the clock example. I understood the 'experiment' but I didn't understand what we can deduce from the results.
The book reading was not very easy to follow. If I were to ask one question about it I would ask where the Fourier Transform came from? It seems pretty crucial to the Shor Algorithm but I found its explanation to be less than satisfactory. I am also confused about how the graph relates to the algorithm.

No comments:

Post a Comment