Friday, November 5, 2010

9.1-9.4, Due on November 8

I enjoyed reading about the Birthday Attacks on Signatures. I believe you touched on it in class on Friday because it sounded very familiar. I also liked reading about the ElGamal Signature Scheme because it sounded familiar from what we have already learned studied.
Now, there are a few things I am still confused about. One big item is hash functions. I know that hash functions do not compose a cryptosystem but they are obviously used in cryptosystems. Once something has been sent through a hash function how do you get the message out again? I am very confused about them and their place in cryptosystems. Another question I have is about digital signatures. Are digital signatures anything special besides a specific message? It seems to me that they are essentially just messages that are unique to a sender. I'm not sure why the entirety of chapter nine is dedicated to digital signatures if they are just certain types of messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment