Saturday, November 13, 2010

12.1 and 12.2, Due on November 15

One confusing part for me was in the example at the bottom of page 299-300. By using the Lagrange interpolating polynomial they came up with some numbers but I don't understand where the numbers came from. I'm not sure why they divided some of the large integers by 5 either. I understood most of the example except for that part. I also didn't understand the Vandermonde Matrix. That probably led to me being confused about the Lagranfe interpolating polynomial.
The interesting part of these sections for me was the different approaches to solving the same problem. As a mathematics education major we are always taught to represent things in multiple ways. The book did a nice job of explaining how to break this secret in three different ways. I also liked the first section because it was explained well and not too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment