Tuesday, October 12, 2010

6.2, Due on October 13

One interesting thing for me in this section was just how smart some people are. I mean really, the attacks they have on this system are mostly Algebra based and yet they are so complex and specific that it is mind boggling how they came up with them. It was also interesting to see how the continued fractions played a part in these attacks. I thought that section was pretty random but now I see how it fits in.
What does "In time polynomial in log n" mean (page 170)? I've seen similar wording a few times in the book. Except for the low exponent attack which made some sense, I didn't understand the other attacks. I did, however, understand the conditions for such attacks which I feel is important. The short plaintext attack was reminiscent of the DES system with its XORing, but I didn't really follow how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment