Thursday, October 7, 2010

6.1, Due on October 8

The idea of the RSA was interesting to me. The idea that a key can be made public and still a message made secure is, in my mind, revolutionary. I really like the idea of the RSA even if I don't understand everything about it. On the one hand, it seems to me this idea should have been discovered before the 1970s. But then on the other hand it seems that computers weren't capable of this type of mathematics until the 1980s so the method seems ahead of its time.
I was confused about how the phi function fits into this algorithm. I think I understand what's going on with the two distinct primes but I got confused with the phi. I also got a little lost in the example, but that will probably be cleared up in class this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment